In the last post we spoke about time management. In this post I want to continue using other time saving tips.
These time saving tips are great and they work from the theory that everything that is incomplete drains energy from you and your success. Also, having these things done will save you time in decision making and finding things that you need to. Some of these things may seem obvious, but the fact is that many people leave things to the last minute and then make wrong decisions in desperation. You may ask what having a clean car has to do with saving time tips and making good decisions.
The fact is that if you are surrounded with a clean environment, then you feel better and tend to take more care. You don’t have to rummage through a dirty desk for things you need urgently. Imagine knowing where all your invoices are when it is time to do your accounts. Imagine knowing straight away who has paid you and who is still outstanding. Cumulatively all these things impact on us and the time we waste or save. This not only impacts us in our business lives, but also our personal lives.
Time saving tips to save time each day.
• Make a To Do list of all the things you have to do and refer to it daily.
• Set up an default diary and put all your appointments in. Plan your time and stick to it.
• Clean up your house, office and car.
• Throw away everything you don’t use, haven’t used in 6 months or which is out of date.
• Keep and file all business receipts weekly.
• Organize all your papers. File and throw away any unused papers.
• Clean out all filing cabinets. Throw away unused materials.
• Get all financial statements (profit and loss account and balance sheet) up to date. Keep them up to date.
• Pay all your bills/ make arrangements as to when you will pay them. Keep those agreements. This reduces stress from getting unpaid bills.
• Make a list of everyone who owes you money or who has borrowed things. Write or call and ask for the money or what else has been borrowed, or cross the person off the list and decide it is complete.
• Make a list of all the things you have started but not completed. Complete the list or cross it off and decide not to do it.
• Make a list of all the agreements you’ve made. Fulfill all past agreements. Renegotiate and make new agreements with any that you can’t fulfill.
• Take total responsibility for your business/career. Do only what you can, delegate the rest. Do it, ditch it or delegate it.
• Agree only to what you know you can fulfil. Never commit to more than you know you can do. Learn to say no. You can’t be all things to all people.
• Also say “no” to your smart phone, tablet and Facebook. Spend your time on things that are going to increase productivity, happiness or profit. Or whatever your end goal is.
• Take care of your physical body. Eat well, exercise well, sleep well etc.
Time management does not mean military schedule.
Once you have completed these time saving tips, make sure you stick to them and stick to your goal. Everything does not have to run to a military schedule, however structure makes a massive difference. There needs to be balance and harmony. See your time as something precious that is shared by things and people that are deserving. Not energy draining. You can never get back time that has been lost.
In the next post we will look at other time saving tips. You can also look at the online goal setting course to really maximise your achievements.